Public Health is urging everyone to take precautions to slow the spread of COVID-19.
How is it spread?
What are the symptoms?
What can I do to protect myself and others from respiratory infections like COVID-19?
– Everyone particularly those who are 65 and over, those with underlying health conditions, and pregnant women should avoid any non-essential travel, public gathering, or places where large groups of people congregate.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Limit close contact with people who are sick.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
– If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the
– tissue in the trash. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
– Use facemasks only if you are sick or have been instructed to do so by your health care provider.
– Get a flu shot to prevent influenza if you have not done so